Sunday, December 23, 2012

moley moley mole


I'm a big believer in homemade christmas presents. They're thrifty thoughtful and totally original. Wouldn't you love to get a pile of cookies with a Melissa Wilson original recipe card? I sure would.


Did I mention I love type? 



Here's a zoomed-in version of my bow tie/astronaut textile design. After drawing half a dozen astronauts they become easier and easier. Really, they're essentially a robot with a jet pack and a fish bowl head.



These are fairly random in content, my moleskin is a magical and confusing place.

This water lilly is actually from a high school project using National Geographic magazines; I cut it out and kept it. Hoarder, no. Forward-thinking, yes.

Spongebob knock-off? Nah....

I snagged a beautiful flower reference book from my local gallery's book sale a few weeks ago. Best 25 cents I've ever spent.


No comments:

Post a Comment